FAQ for the Hope After Loss Remembrance Walk & 5k
Date: September 30th
Place: Hubbard Park, Meriden CT
Registration Begins at 7:00 am
Kids fun run starts at 8:45 am
• 5k Run or 3k fitness walk starts at 9:00 am
• Remembrance ceremony, reflective walk starts at 10:30 am
5k Race or 3k fitness walk:
• Come run, walk, dance yourself through a 5k race or a 3k fitness walk in support of Hope After Loss! A scenic out and back course ALL located within the park! No cars on the course! Cash prizes for overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male and female winners. Long sleeve tech shirts for all participants. DJ, food and drink, age group prizes- fun for the whole family!
Remembrance Ceremony and Reflective Walk
• Join us on a short (.4 mile) reflective walk to the reservoir. Once there, we will enjoy a remembrance ceremony including poems, reading of our babies names, and testimony from parents who have experienced loss.
Do I need to register for both events?
• You may choose to register for one or both of these events!
• There is one shirt for both events- if you register for one or both events, you will get one long sleeve tech shirt. Kids fun run, no shirt included.
Is there a kids fun run?
• Yes, there will be a FREE KIDS FUN RUN, no shirt is included in this registration.
Do I have to register my kids?
• Yes- we need a headcount for food and drink.
• Kids under 12 are free, however, if you would like them to get a shirt, you will need to register them for the Virtual Bundle.
How will I honor my baby?
• Bibs will be available for the 5k where you can write your baby(ies) name(s) to say “I am walking/running in memory of _________”
• You may submit your baby(ies) name(s) to be included on the t-shirt (same shirt for both events)
• The ceremony/reflective walk will feature a time of remembrance where we will speak all of our babies names
• You may be an individual fundraiser through the 5k and/or the Remembrance Walk! When you register, you will get a link to your fundraising page!
• You may also create fundraising teams!
• Footprints Friends who raise over $500 will be recognized at both events.
• Registration will open at 7:00 AM for all events
• Can I sponsor the event or place an ad in the program?
• YES! Click HERE to purchase a sponsorship or advertisement in our program.
• For more information on sponsorship click HERE
To Register for the Walk & 5K
Click this box to be taken
to the Walk Registration site
where you can create a team,
join a team or just make a
donation with your registration.
Deadlines for this Event are as follows and subject to change without notice.
To receive a guaranteed T-shirt in your size with a baby name on it, please register before September 1, 2018.
To receive a Remembrance Sign with baby name and date on it, please purchase bundle before September 1, 2018.
To place an Advertisment in the Event Program, all ads need to be purchased before September 1, 2018.
For Sponosors to have an advertisement in the Event Program, Sponsorship must be purchased before September 1, 2018.
Hope After Loss Footprints On Our Hearts Walk & 5K
Sunday, September 30th, Hubbard Park, Meriden, CT
Register Before August 1st to
Early Bird Pricing!
Online registration for The Footprints on our Hearts Walk & 5k is closed.
In-person registration starts at 7am on Sunday at Hubbard Park.